Southern Cross Care is extremely fortunate to enjoy the support of many very dedicated volunteers. The scope and diversity of volunteer work enriches our community and makes a real and tangible difference to the daily lives of Queensland seniors.
Helping others & making a real difference:
- Learning new skills
- Building career references
- Contributing to your community
- Meeting new friends and networks
- Personal development
- Family involvement and activity
- Fulfilment, satisfaction and self esteem
- Fun and enjoyment.
Who can volunteer
Traditionally Southern Cross Care (Qld) has attracted people of varying ages with a range of backgrounds and skills, a shared commitment to the aged community and a desire to fulfill our promise of “Valuing and Respecting Human Life”.
If you would like to volunteer, please contact us today.
Donations and Bequests
Aged Care is not funded entirely by the Federal Government as many suspect. Southern Cross Care (Qld) does receive some Government funding from Federal and State sources, yet we rely heavily on the support of our community and the generous donations from our loyal supporters.
The wide range of services delivered by Southern Cross Care (Qld) enables us to assist a diverse group of Queensland seniors, regardless of their financial, cultural or care needs. Of course, as we all know, the population is aging; we are all living longer lives. We need organisations like Southern Cross Care (Qld) to ensure those lives are lived to their fullest, especially as our need for care increases.
Demand for versatile aged care will continue to grow. We appeal to those of you able to support our caring work, to make a donation or to leave a gift in your will.
Southern Cross Care Queensland is a proud participant in the Australian charity and not for profit register.
How your donation or bequest may be used:
- Handrails for bathrooms
- Hi-low electric beds
- Wheelchairs and wheelie walkers, wheelchair ramps
- Tracking equipment for residents who have a tendency to wander
- Lifting machines and adjustable shower chairs
- Hydraulic baths
- Raised garden beds that are wheelchair friendly
- Gazebo, plants, water fountains, sails, outdoor furniture, BBQ
- Items for a community room (television, video recorder, microwave, crockery etc)
- Land for new developments
- Upgrades and extensions to existing facilities (to meet Government standards)
- A Community Centre and special outings for residents.
Your donation or bequest, large or small, can make a real and lasting difference to the lives of Queensland seniors and their families. Southern Cross Care (Qld) would like to thank all our past, current and future supporters.
How you can donate
Southern Cross Care (Qld) Ltd is a registered gift recipient under ATO legislation and all donations over $2.00 are fully tax deductible.
Your gift will be used for its intended purpose and not be put toward administrative costs or wages of any kind.
You will soon be able to donate online, but for now, please call our head office on 1800 899 300 to step through an easy procedure – we thank you very much for your kindness.
Should you wish to leave a lasting legacy of a specific sum or item for general or specific purposes to Southern Cross Care (Qld) within your Will, we offer here guidance on wording.