Latest advice from Queensland Health:
Update 2 August 2021 –
Important Information: Due to the continuing COVID-19 outbreak, Queensland Health has today announced that the three-day lockdown introduced on Saturday 31 July in 11 LGAs in South East Queensland will now be extended until at least 4:00 pm Sunday 8 August 2021.
This applies to the following 11 LGAs – City of Brisbane; Moreton Bay Regional Council; City of Gold Coast; City of Ipswich; Lockyer Valley Regional Council; Logan City; Noosa Shire Council; Redland City; Scenic Rim Regional Council; Somerset Regional Council; Sunshine Coast Regional Council.
During this time, people in these local government areas will be required to stay at home as these have been deemed restricted areas and all non-essential visits to residential aged care facilities within these LGAs will therefore be restricted.
Restrictions to access to Residential Aged Care homes from 4:00 pm Saturday 31 July until at least 4:00 pm Sunday 8 August 2021 –
To protect our most vulnerable, persons may enter a restricted residential aged care facility if they are:
- an employee, contractor or student of the facility
- providing goods or services necessary for the facility’s operation
- providing health, medical, personal care or pharmaceutical services to a resident
- administering a COVID-19 vaccine to a resident
- visiting an end of life resident
- required for emergency management, law enforcement or to comply with an order of any court or tribunal of Australia
- a prospective resident or a support person of a prospective resident
- maintaining continuity of care for a resident unable to be delivered by non-contact means – with permission of the Residential Manager (or their nominated deputy).
Residents may only leave the Home to:
- receive health care, or
- attend a funeral, or
- for an emergency, or
- compassionate reason.
These measures have been put in place to protect the health and safety of our residents, staff and the wider community. Please note that in compassionate circumstances, we will endeavour to provide visitation on a case by case basis. We can also arrange video access. Please speak to the Residential Manager for further information.
See the Fact Sheet on COVID-19 from Queensland Health