Southern Cross Care Queensland’s (SCCQ’s) Annual Report for the last financial year is now available as members assemble for the Annual General Meeting on Wednesday 17 November.
Chair Francis Price said, “While we have navigated a difficult year, it is with pride that I am able to say our leadership team and staff have managed all that has confronted them. They have embraced change, provided outstanding care and maintained responsible stewardship over our resources to ensure financial results that support our ongoing sustainability.
“Sincere thanks to all who have placed their trust in us, our people who work tirelessly every day to serve and keep them safe, those that provide vital back-of-house support and my fellow Board members for their contribution throughout the year.”
Key highlights for the FY2020/21 year included –
- rising Net Promoter Scores showing SCCQ customers are increasingly more satisfied
- the launch of a refined vision to ‘grow communities where best lives are lived’, a new strategy and SCCQ’s unique culture transformation project, Known & Loved – created from staff feedback for the entire team
- 100% compliance with the National Quality and Safety Standards for Aged Care across all SCCQ Residential Aged Care homes and Community Home Care services
- strong occupancy rates and sales across SCCQ’s Retirement Living estates, meaning people are choosing to become part of our communities
- winning the largest ACAR federal grant of $14M; this will be matched or exceeded by an investment from SCCQ to realise the Chinchilla Master Plan for aged care, a prototype for integrated communities and the way of the future
- ongoing upgrades of people-centred systems across all SCCQ sites, leveraging technology to improve the experience of staff and residents.